macOS 10.15 Catalina is one of a kind ever introduced by Apple on the July of 2019 on WWDC. yet it is in the sixth beta version but soon in September the final version of the macOS, Apple iPhone 11 Series will be released. Mac Users are so much lucky for testing the newest version of macOS 10.15 Catalina on their computer, but windows user have a deal with some details. They can test it on a PC, by performing a clean installation of macOS 10.15 Catalina, or they can test it on the Virtual Machines like the VirtualBox or the VMware. If you try to install it on the PC- Hackintosh, a special bootable USB of macOS 10.15 Catalina is required, alongside the bootloader. Also after the installation of macOS Catalina on PC- Hackintosh and configuring the bootloader, you have to configure the Sound, Wifi Card and more using Kexts. Here is a guide How to Install macOS 10.15 Catalina on PC- Hackintosh? The alternative method for performing a clean installation and has less setting and configuration on Windows is Virtual Machines. There are several virtual Machines both for Windows and mac, but not every virtual machine can support mac. A good example is Hyper-V, Qemu, Xen, libvirt, Bochs, Proxmox Virtual Environment and more but the once which are so much for using macOS on Windows on Virtual Machine is the VMware and VirtualBox.
Installing macOS 10.15 Catalina on Virtual machines (Both on VMware and VirtualBox) are the same. But the problem is the configuration of their VM, and it is so different from each other. Also, AMD processors and Intel processors have different types of configuration codes both for VMware and VirtualBox. If you want to install macOS 10.15 Catalina on Virtual Machines follow the below instructions.
- Install macOS 10.15 Catalina on VMware on Windows
- Install macOS 10.15 Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC
Once you are tried to install macOS 10.15 Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC, you may encounter different types of errors. This may be the below errors listed.
- Mouse and Keyboard Stuck while installing macOS on VirtualBox
- Screen Resolution Problem on VirtualBox on Windows
- Can’t install macOS 10.15 Catalina on AMD Systems
- Call to WHvSetupPartition failed Error
- FSL: \ system/library/coreservices \ boot EFI’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or script file
- Failed to Open Session For The Virtual Machine
In this post, you will know how to fix these errors on VirtualBox, however, if you are trying to install macOS 10.15 Catalina on VMware and faced the below errors, you will know how to fix them.
- The Selected Virtual Disk incompatible with this Workstation
- This virtual machine requires AVX2 but AVX is not present
- The CPU has been disabled by the guest OS
- EFI VMware Virtual SATA Hard Drive Unsuccessful Error
- Vmware Unrecoverable Error on macOS Mojave & Catalina
- Boot Loop While Installing macOS Catalina on VMware
- macOS Mojave and Catalina Screen Resolution on VMware
Fix macOS 10.15 Catalina Errors on VMware:
How to Fix Mouse and Keyboard Stuck While Installation on VirtualBox?
Mouse and keyboard, both are the most important components of any computer, doesn’t matter it the actual OS, or the Virtual Machine. The most common and most popular error which occurs while installing macOS 10.14 Mojave and macOS 10.15 Catalina on VirtualBox is mouse and keyboard stuck. Everyone complains about it, to fix the error you have to install the VirtualBox Extension Pack, this is an extension provided by the Oracle in case the default settings of VirtualBox is not responsive. After the installation, you have to turn off the running Virtual Machine on the VirtualBox, then go to the settings of the VM and enable the USB 3.0.
- Download VirtualBox 6.0.10 Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack
Functionalities of the VirtualBox Extension Pack are to support the USB 2.0, USB 3.0 VirtualBox RDP, disk encryption, NVMe and PXE boot for Intel cards. Also about the installation, it is simple as drinking water, all you have to do is double click on the setup, then agree to the terms and conditions, then enable the USB 3.0.