A bootable USB installer can be used to perform a clean installation on your Mac devices (Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, Mac Mini, iMac, and Mac Pro). For repair purposes or you can use it to record a video or an article. In any case, it is essential for every Mac user that they should learn how to create macOS Ventura bootable USB installer. And here are the steps.
- A working MacOS computer (macOS Monterey, macOS Big Sur, Catalina, etc)
- A fast and reliable 16GB USB pen drive
- The macOS Ventura installer
- And some patience is required too
Steps to Create macOS Ventura Bootable USB installer
If you are looking to create a MacOS bootable USB installer for any Mac (macOS Monterey, macOS Big Sur, macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, macOS High Sierra, etc ), the steps are all the same. For the first step, the MacOS installer is required, then you have to erase the USB and partition it based on your needs. The final step is to copy the installer into the USB through the terminal.
Note: This method will work on any mac, for any mac to create a macOS bootable Installer.
Step 1. Download macOS Ventura Installer
Let me put it in simple words, currently, macOS Ventura is available in the beta version. It means a stable version of MacOS Ventura has not yet been released on the App Store. So what ways and methods do you have to download the MacOS Ventura installer?
There are three ways that you can get the macOS Ventura installer.
- Download the MacOS Ventura through the apple beta program (if you have joined).
- Get the beta version of MacOS Ventura from betaprofiles.com.
- Use gibmacOS to get the macOS Ventura installer.
If you are with me I prefer the first method. There are a couple of reasons why I prefer it over the other two methods.
- You can get MacOS Ventura directly from apple servers.
- The installer that you are getting from the apple servers will be downloaded faster than the app store and betaprofiles.com.
- It can work even when the stable version of the macOS Ventura will be released to the market.
- Plus you don’t have to worry because I will provide the download link directly from the Apple servers even if you have not joined the apple beta program.
Steps to get the macOS Ventura Installer:
- Open the post called Download macOS Ventura ISO, DMG, and VMDK
- Scroll down to the end to macOS Ventura Installer.
- Click on the download.
- Wait for it to be downloaded.
- Once the macOS Ventura Install Assistant is downloaded, install it on your mac, and you will have the installer.
Step 2. Erase the Pen Drive
It is important to format and erase the USB flash drive to the partition or format that you want. For this case, the Disk utility comes where we have to configure the settings according to your need.
- Attach the Pen drive to the computer.
- Open Spotlight and search for Disk Utility.
- View all devices in the Disk utility.
- From the left panel, select the Pen drive.
- At the top-level menu, click on erase, then Name the USB, Set the format as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and Please Set the Scheme to GUID Partition Map.
- Click on Erase.
Note: I have named the USB Flash drive Ventura.
Step 3. Create a macOS Ventura Bootable Pen drive
Welcome to the final step of creating a MacOS Ventura bootable pen drive. This is a step where you are going to create a bootable USB, aside from that you are also going to copy the macOS Ventura installer to the USB flash drive. And all of these will be done through the terminal.
Steps to Create macOS Ventura Bootable USB Installer:
1. Launch terminal.
2. Execute the below command.
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 13\ beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Ventura --nointeraction
That is how the command looks, in any case, you may face an error so you have to learn how you can drag the createinstallmedia into the terminal.
Go to Application> right click on the macOS Ventura Installer and choose “Show Package Content“> open contents directory> Resources> find the createinstallmedia and drag it to the Terminal.
After that type –volume and then drag the formated USB Flash drive.
At the end type –nointeraction
- How to Create macOS Ventura Bootable USB on Windows?
- How to Create macOS Ventura ISO Image File?
- How to Install macOS Monterey on PC- Hackintosh?