Performing a clean installation is mostly of losing the operating system itself with not having the backup of the OS. The time machine is the safest and perfect default tool of Apple’s operating system for taking a backup of the OS and the Files. In windows, this feature is called the system recovery or system backup and for files, it is called File History. So, whatever when the operating system is lost you are not able to work until a clean installation is performed. To perform a clean installation you need another computer with any operating system in it. It can be Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, and even Zorin OS. The truth is, each operating system requires a specific method of itself to create bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina, Windows, and Linux. Since Zorin OS is built-in of the macOS, Windows, and Ubuntu, any of these three methods will work on them. Since I am about to cover How to Create Bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows PC, I won’t be performing the wrest of the options. They can remain for another tutorial.
macOS 10.15 Catalina is coolest and refreshed current operating system of Apple which is about to be completely released on September 10. On September 10 alongside the Apple’s iPhone 11 Series, the macOS 10.15 Catalina will be on the final stead. Since Apple has accomplished these hard work over a year after releasing macOS 10.14 Mojave, they moved its name too. This time it is chosen from the beautiful island in the southwest of California. The macOS 10.15 Catalina has a set of new features, new desktop wallpapers, new look and finally new name. The macOS 10.15 Catalina New features Include different apps for music (No more iTunes), Dolby Audio Support, Podcasts, sync with Apple TV, Music and Podcasts, New look for Photos, Support for Apple pencil and more. For more updates upon the features of macOS 10.15 Catalina click the below link.
Steps to Create Bootable USB for macOS Catalina on Windows
Step 1. Download the Acquired files
- USB Flash Drive: A USB Flash Drive with 8 GB storage is acquired for this process. if the flash contains more storage then the 8 gigs of RAM, there is no worries cause later the format process can undo flash changes. A USB-C is the best option to create bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows PC. Not only for macOS but for creating bootable USB for Windows and other operating systems, the best options is USB-C. Because it is all about saving as much time as possible.
- Download macOS 10.15 Catalina Installer or download macOS 10.15 Catalina DMG file: Both the Installer and DMG differ a little bit but the macOS 10.15 Catalina Installer can not be used to create bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina directly in windows. But Indirectly it can easily be used to create bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows. That Remain for another article but since you are creating bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina directly on Windows, the macOS 10.15 Catalina DMG file 100% required. Since you are a windows user, you can directly download the macOS 10.15 Catalina DMG file using the IDM. Even your internet is a connection is slow, you can download it over a month with the resume compatibility of IDM.
- Another small software which is so important is the WinRAR or 7Zip. Both are the compressed software but WinRAR is not free but 7-zip is open-source compressing software. Doesn’t matter which one you are using, as long as you have installed it on your system. Since macOS 10.15 Catalina DMG file is Zipped within the WinRAR, you have to right-click and extract it from compress.
- Download TransMac: The Main software which is so crucial for creating bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows. You have to download and install it on your system too.
Well, TransMac is software designed by acute systems to open dmg file format on windows. Since the extension of macOS software is with dmg, windows can not open them, except the third party software such the Power-ISO. But Power-ISO cannot create bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows. The TransMac can format a disk for macOS, it can open DMG files alongside to copy files inside a Disk with HFS and APS Partition. In the meantime, TransMac can format the disk for HFS and APS both, it also can compress, zip, expand and split DMG file into multiple parts. It also a burner feature with multi session and hybrid CDs. That’ why this software is required can be used to create bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows PC. Rather than that it is not free but you can use the trial version for 15 days but then you have to buy TransMac for $59. Also, keep in mind you can use any Windows Operating system to Create Bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows. Any Windows Operating system means Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1 and Finally Windows 10. It can even work with Windows XP and Windows Server 2012, 2012R2, Windows Server 2016 and Server 2019.
Notice For Windows Users: if a USB Flash Drive is formatted with HFS and APS partition while attaching that to Windows a format dialog window will appear. Do not format it because Windows can not recognize the macOS File format that’s why it asks you to format.
Step 2. Install the downloaded software.
Begin the installation with WinRAR or 7-Zip, then extract the macOS 10.15 Catalina and TransMac from zip file.
Step 3. Attach the USB Flash Drive to the computer.
Step 4. Format the USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina using TransMac
Since you have installed TransMac and attached the USB Flash Drive to the computer, right-click on the TransMac and run it as Administrator.
When the TransMac is launched, right-click on the USB Flash Drive> then select format for mac.
Step 5. Copy macOS 10.15 Catalin on the USB Flash Drive
Right-click on the USB flash Drive inside the TransMac and select Restore with Disk Image. Ignore for warning of TransMac by selecting yes, and now locate the macOS 10.15 Catalin DMG File.
Again you have to ignore the warning by selecting yes.
Step 6. Wait…
Depending on the USB it takes some time but mostly the USB 3.0 takes 1 hour to create bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows.
How to Boot macOS 10.15 Catalina Using USB?
Creating bootable USB for macOS Catalina acquires some time and finally, it is done. But the truth is the better your USB flash Drive should be, the better it saves time, infects I was using a USB 2.0. I’m Gladly thinking you are not using a USB 2.0, cause you will be bored as me. So, when the installation is complete, restart the operating system, and hold the option key, if you are on a mac. But if your computer holds within the Windows Operating system, the Alt is not the option which is wildly spread on the internet, infect it is the Boot Key of you Computer is. Each laptop has it’s own boot key and BISO Key, But mostly the Dell Boot key is F12, ASUS’s boot keys are one Key Recovery, ESC, and F2 (Depends on the laptop), Lenovo’s boot keys are Fn + F2 or Fn + F12, and Finally the HP boot key is F9. So, you have to figure out yourself which key can work on your computer.
If your default laptop is Apple, then you are good to go, I mean after holding the option key you will be on the place boot options. Select the macOS 10.15 Catalina and go on for the installations.
Hold on Windows Users…
if you are thinking that creating bootable USB for Installing macOS 10.15 Catalina on Your laptop or PC is enough just like you install Windows.
Then you certainly a Moron,
See, Apple’s computer’s are built-in with the default of the bootloader of Apple’ macOS with the kexts to configure. Since the Windows computer’s do not have macOS by default the big problem will be the configuring bootloader. Once that is configured you are going to configure the Kexts, in Windows Words the Drivers. Windows is so good that an update or the Driver Pack solution can do the Job for macOS, every version, every driver requires a special kexts which is created by that company. Suppose your computer has an Invidia Graphics, for that you have to download it’s kexts from its site. However I think it is better for you guys, I have to create another tutorial with configuring Kexts and Drivers.
How to Create a Bootable USB Installer for macOS 10.15 Catalina on mac?
You might be thinking of as a moron, cause the title of the post is How to Create Bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows PC?, It is said in Windows, But why in the world I’m telling you guys How to Create a Bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina on macOS 10.14 Mojave.
Because this process can be done on windows too, with a little bit more time and work with a speedy internet connection.
What Do I mean?
Well, back in the days when macOS 10.12 Sierra was released, the TransMac was not fully responsive, I was using this method. I was creating a Virtual Machine (VM), then I was creating bootable USB for macOS Sierra. The same method can be applied for macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows, as long as you have a running Virtual Machine of macOS. It is fine even if you have an older version of mac such as Yosemite, as long as it is a mac, it can do the job. if you don’t know How to Install macOS 10.15 Catalina on VMware and VirtualBox on Windows follow the below links.
Here are the methods.
Step 1. Download macOS 10.15 Catalina
You can download it from App store, or use the DMG file of macOS 10.15 Catalina, however inside the DMG file the installer of macOS 10.15 Catalina is contained. You have to open the container and copy the DMG file to the Application.
Step 2. Format the USB Flash Drive with mac Partition
Open disk utility, select the disk and click erase> then set the format to Mac OS Extended Journaled with GUID Partition Map settings.
Step 3. Open Terminal and Copy the below codes one by one
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.15\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled —applicationpath/Applications/Install\macOS\ 10.15\ Beta.app —nointeraction
If the first command did not work the second command can do the job easily.
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.15\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.15\ Beta.app
Well, that’s all for creating bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows, with the TransMac and Virtual Machine.
Alternative methods are always the other options which can accomplish the bootable Job for macOS Catalina. These methods can be done only inside the macOS itself, not on Windows. However, a running Virtual machine of macOS on Windows can be a good option.
- Unibeast: The most popular app for creating bootable USB for macOS 10.15 Catalina is Unibeast. Unibeast is the app which is developed by Tonymacx86, for every version of mac, the unbieast differs, that’s why you have to download Catalina it’s version. The Unibeast is free to use as long as you have an account inside the tonymacx86.com.
- Myhack App: It is the most compared app ever to unibeast, cause it has more features and functionalities to Unibeast and DiskMaker X. Basically it is a Mac App but it has built-in support of MBR too.
- Diskmaker X: It has a longer history compare to the Unibeast, it is even better and easy compare to unibeast. It has also the same script to work with the Apple operating system as unibeast, it also differs with each version of macOS. While downloading DiskMaker X, you do not need an account and finally, it is contained with dmg file and you have to drag it to the application while using.
- UNetBootin: It is a cross-platform application which can be used for Apple’s macOS 10.15 Catalina too.
- Mac Linux USB Loader: It is designed specifically for mac operating systems.
- Install Disk Creators